News 01:07 July 2019:
All our services are working fast and instantly. Feel free to try us out , we even have a the free trial.
Weather stations have been around for a long period of time. The technology has however develop over the years making it more mobile. One no longer needs to wait for the weather station to give them predictions of how the weather will be in their region. You also do not need to go online and start looking for accurate predictions of the weather forecast in your region. The personal and automatic weather stations that have been developed through the advances in technology make it easier to get the weather conditions and make forecasts for yourself. This not only provides convenience for your personal life but also for those who use the stations for agriculture and gardening practices.
Personal use may include planning your day to fit the predicted weather patterns based on the weather seen at that time. You can know how to dress and whether to plan or an outdoor event or an indoor one. Other than that, it can be used to aid in gardening and other home activities. For example, if you see that is possibly going to rain, you will not leave the sprinklers on so as to conserve water. For a garden, you will know what to plant and when to plant it. The automated weather stations are helpful for people who venture into agriculture. In such a case, it is crucial to understand the weather and be able to plan to ensure that production is maximized while costs are reduced by taking advantage of the weather. In essence, the weather stations provide convenience and allow you to plan easily.
When installing the personal weather stations, there are a number of things to look out for and make sure that what you set up works perfectly.
- No cover or blocking buildings – When looking to measure anything, you need to set the equipment in an open air space. This makes it easy for sunlight to get through and for wind to reach the equipment. Placing it between tall buildings or under tree means that wind will be blocked. Placing it too close to a building means that for a prolonged period of time, it will not get access to any sun and will be exposed to the shadow cast by the buildings. Other aspects such as rainfall and humidity are best measured from free open space to avoid tamperage of the results given by the equipment.
- Temperature – Temperature measurement requires the thermometer to be exposed to temperature conditions that have not been interfered with. Do not expose it t direct sunlight as this will increase its temperature readings drastically. Also ensure to not place the thermometer near a surface e.g. the roof, grass, pavements etc. to provide more accurate readings. It should be at least 5ft away from the surfaces and pavements. It is also important not to keep it enclosed as this will mean it only measures the temperature of the enclosed space. It should in an area where the air moves freely.
- Humidity – measuring humidity in the atmosphere using weather stations equipment is as delicate a temperature. It needs to be far from water bodies, trees and other objects that act to reduce or increase the level of humidity in the atmosphere. It should be at least 50 ft. away from the water bodies and trees.
- Rainfall – Measuring rainfall requires collecting rain falling directly from the sky. It should not be positioned under roofs of buildings or trees or in an area that is covered. There should be nothing blocking the rain from getting in the measuring equipment or increasing the amount of water that gets in.
- Wind – When setting up your weather station to measure wind, you should ensure that it is not in area where wind is blocked. It should not be near buildings, trees or other big objects. Wind speed and direction are best gotten when the equipment is well placed at about 7ft. above any surrounding objects. A roof top is often best for this measurement. Also ensure it is well grounded to avoid damage in cases when the wind is too fast. This provides more consistent results. However, different modes have different set up instructions which should be followed when doing so.